A fairly active week on Facebook for Radio. The release of Hunger Games was a big topic on CHR and some AC stations, Tim Tebow and Payton Manning got good coverage, Urban and Rhythmic stations did pose topics around the teen murder case in Florida. Project 961 in Atlanta hit 100,000 likes with it's contest and the station tour by boy band - One Direction - got a lot of action.
Let's take a look at the overall post numbers in our 'focus group' of stations in all music formats.
Total Posts for the Tuesday 3/20 and Wednesday 3/20 18 hour window - 215. Here is the category breakdown:
- Station Liners - 50 - 27% - Plugs for station events or programming
- Contests - 16 or 7% - Either actual on FB contests or liners for contests.
- Polls or Questions - 34 or 16% - FB polls or topics with questions/comments
- Links Funny Pics/Videos/News - 71 or 22% - Posts with links and pics/videos
- Music News/Videos - 36 or 17% - Posts covering music or artist news/videos/songs
The posts with the Most likes in our sample included:
- 902 Likes for the 961 Atlanta posts around their run to 100,000 Facebook Likes. This is the total number for 2 posts on the event during the monitor window.
- 755 Likes for 2 posts following Hines Ward's retirement announcement in Pittsburgh
- 449 Likes for the Z100 posts on the station visit from One Direction - A total of 3 posts on the topic.
- 419 Likes for a post on WGCI Linking to the new E40 Video
- 399 Likes for a picture post on unique shirt message - posted below.
- 329 Likes for a kid's drawing off Zombies in the after life.
- 290 Likes for a discussion post from WGCI on the Florida teen killing.
Big Comment producing posts:
- 235 Comments on the Project 961 100K FB promotion.
- 193 Comments on a question post on teachers spanking kids
- 79 Comments on story of a woman who kidnapped a man for 5K ransom.
- 72 Comments on the E40 Video posting at WGCI
Top Shared Posts or Content
- 320 Shares for the 961 100K promotion posts
- 93 Shares for the unique shirt message below
- 87 Shares of the video from the band Otherwise's song We Are Soldiers
- 66 Shares of the kids Zombie drawing.
You can see the LIKES moving up in many of the stations in the focus group here. Project 961's contest to hit 100,000 LIKES has really pumped up their numbers and now they are giving away 10,000 to some one in that group of fans.
You can also see some stations building quite an interactive following if you look at the "People Talking About This" figure on the 'home page' of the stations. Perhaps us programmers can grasp this best as LIKES are the Cume here and People Talking is the TSL. The leading station in inefficiency is KDWB with 107,000 Likes it draws a 15,948 People Talking number. Compare that with Z100 in NYC with nearly 220,000 Likes and 2,972 people talking. You can also see a pretty good ratio here at another Twin Cities outlet - KQRS with 29,267 Likes but 18% of them - 5,225 are talking about it. The key to both stations is a healthy number of quality posts that get the audience talking/reacting most days.
Next week we will be expanding the panel a little more with a couple of new stations in the mix.
Thanks for stopping by.