As 2008 gets underway everyone is another year older and when it comes to target audiences and demos some interesting facts come up:
- If you take the definition of the boomers as being born from 1946 to 1964 the first boomers are now 62 and the youngest are 44.
- The only cell with any boomers left in it within 25-54 is the last cell 45-54!!!!
- The peak year of the boomers was 1957 and now they are 51 years old - in just 3 years they will be out of the 25-54s.
- Around 38% of the boomers are already out of the 25-54 cell.
- The newest members of 25-54s were graduating from high school in the 90s.
- If you were graduating with the dawn of grunge (1992) you are now 34.
- In 2009 Led Zeppelin's first LP will be 40 years old. In 1990 a 40 year old piece of music was from 1950 - the end of the big band era.
- The last boomer will turn 50 in 2014.
This could be the golden opportunity if you are looking for new ways to win in 25-54s.